View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road

Hi there, welcome.

If the engine doesn't turn at all, then It sounds like a faulty starter relay or the wire that goes from the relay to the starter. The only way to check this is by putting the front of the car up on jack stands and pulling the brown plug on the bottom of the starter. Then taking a wire from the + battery terminal touch that to the plug on the starter. If the starter bumps then the wire from the relay to the starter is faulty. If the starter doesn't do anything, then the starter may be bad.

Mine would do this, I would go to start it and click, it wouldn't start. Just this past weekend I finally got fed up with it and did something about it. I had a spare turbo wiring harness so I used some plugs from that to make it so I could remove the components if need be. I will get some pictures up soon, but anyway, I wired from the + battery terminal to a switch in the center console. Then from that switch to the starter. I used a two wire plug beneath the center console, then used a single wire plug to go to the starter wire. It cost me about $20 in supplies, thats a good heavy switch, little over 20ft of 14GA wire, black electrical tape, heat wrap, and a small box of misc. wire ends.

I would do the test to make sure you know whats the matter, that way you can make sure the starter is fine. If the starter is bad then it would do the same thing.

Good luck.

Also, get some pics of the gas conversion system up in the show n tell section, I would like to see it.

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"

Last edited by Chambers; 12-09-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote