View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
ukno0003
Stock

ukno0003 is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about MKIV Supra

I own a 2005 scion tC right now but have always wanted a MKIV Supra. As I was looking to buy the tC, I was also looking at a 93 supra N/A. I was going to get the supra but in a long story short the seller screwed me over and I ended up getting the tC cause I needed a car pretty quick.

Ever since I bought the tC I have continued looking for a Supra (3 years). I think I finally may have found one that I might sell me tC for and buy. It is a 94 n/a.

The Supra was daily driven by an older man and was babied, it is completely stock and all the maintenance has been kept up to date on it. It has high mileage but all the timing belt, alternator, water pump. ect... has all been changed. This is what i have been looking for.

The supra is my dream car but I am wondering how reliable the supra would be for me being high mileage. Im kind of concerned because I will be going from a 2005 tC with 36k miles on it that i have had since it was new, to a 94 supra with over 150k miles on it. Im going through college so a reliable car is very important to me. If I were to get the Supra i would continue to baby it just as I have babied my tC.

The tC is an extremely reliable car but I would love to be an owner of a MKIV supra because it is my absolute dream car. I know the 2jz is an incredible motor and is extremely reliable. But how reliable would the supra be? Do I have anything to worry about?

Im going to see the car and drive it this week so Im trying to do all my research before I get there.

Thanks,
Mike
ukno0003 is offline   Reply With Quote