View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
OkieRA29
Stock

OkieRA29 is on a distinguished road
Default A day for the memory!!!

I took a mental health day at work and boy am I ever glad I did. First, my friend and I went to check out a gen 3 celica GT (RA64). Great car, no rust to speak of. The engine seemed to have a miss when we first heard it run. We took it for a test drive and everything seemed good. My friend bought it... 150$ Clean title, strong 22-RE, nice clutch. No real squawks to speak of. We drove it 30 miles or so getting it back. I think once he gets it titled, he will have a great little example of the breed.

The big news of the day... We worked on the supra a bit. I really thought that the fuel pump was bad. Using a diagnostic wire we jumpered the terminals. Fuel pump was okay. After 30mins or so of screwing around with it, it still would not start. So I started checking the plug wires. I pulled plug one and stuck in a decent plug and told him to start it. I did not see a spark, but I heard a clicking noise. After some searching, I discovered the source of the clicking... the coil wire was disconnected from the distributor. Hooked that baby back up and here is the result
YouTube - Supra runs for the first time

Last edited by OkieRA29; 10-16-2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: better video link
OkieRA29 is offline   Reply With Quote