Thread: Troubleshooting
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
mag
Stock

mag is on a distinguished road

hi, first off thank you to those whove taken the time to post this fix online.

I too have the following lights on. JDM twin turbo AT

/!\ master warning - always on
O/D off - off at start up, on flashing after couple blocks of driving slow speeds
MIL engine check light - off after start up, on after reach prolonged highway crusing speeds or load.
Traction control OFF - always on, no flash
TRAC OFF - never on even at start up
(!) hand brake light - ON always

Just got the car, removed a speed meter/cut electronic device (left 2 wires connected to ECU but taped sealed open wire ends. Removed the turbo timer completely. Left the HKS fuel cut defenser. Cleaned up all taps that lead to open wires. It was a mess...

The indacator module that reads ABS, TRAC OFF etc ... has been tapped from circuit to circuit frankenstein style. ABS, Oil level still comes on at start then off which is all I need from this module so I left it alone. But I suspect that's why the trac off is always off. I don't like to use this function anyways so no problem there.

auto spoiler plug plugged in but no light. There was at one point, it flashed constantly as i have disconnected the auto spoiler. Dont use this so dont mind that it doesnt light up however i wonder if this hints to a problem area in the harness .

did the diagnostic check. code 42.

I did the pink blue/red wire splice procedure. AT fluids on mark at cold/hot. But the light still flashes. Car appears to be shifting fine ie no irratic searching. ODO appears to be counting. I have an aftermarket steering wheel that deletes the cruise control and SRS so no issues there.

I've read all the posts on the internet on this issue. Still left with this question...

If my tach and ODO and speedo are working normally. Then I guess the no.1 speed sensor is working. I'm terrible with the solder iron thus did the splice fix. Since this did not work, am I correct to assume the solder fix ( plus reverse splice fix) will not make a difference as well?

I assume the master /!\ light is on because of the code 42 or is it off because of my traction control always off? Im not sure how this was achieved. Also interesting of note. There is no speed limiter on my car. I can easily pass the 180km/hr mark but no electronic devices found. 7.5 TRAC fuse is plugged in. But Traction Control OFF stays on, control buttom lights up but no response when pressed.

Question: the pink wire feeds the odometer with the signal which is said to "buffer" or process this signal before it's sent back out via the blue/red wire out. So if this is spliced, then effectively a step in the process has been skipped. If this is true, than this means an incorrect or inaccurate signal is then sent out. Quite perplexed by this... this is the only reason i can think of that explains why my O/D is still flashing after the "fix" unless there's some other variable I haven't pinpointed yet.

Thanks in advance.
mag is offline   Reply With Quote