View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
ptomko
Stock

ptomko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyFi6 View Post
I just installed one recently, more than once actually. It should be fine, the hose sort of curves off towards the drivers side slightly and then back across the car. It shouldn't have any issues with clearing anything, not sure what metal plate you are speaking of. Also, even with the metal tab there you can still rotate it a fair amount if i remember correctly.
Well, that is good news that it is supposed to go off towards the drivers side at first. I guess I have it hooked up correctly then. I was just concerned because it looked funny and leaks badly. I have the copper washers in place and have it cranked down pretty tight, but it still leaks at both the top and bottom.
I first tried the new washers that came with it, and it was devilish hard to keep that bottom washer seated while I tightened the bolt. When all was said and done, it leaked. So I used the old washers, which had a convenient tab between the upper and lower which held it in place. However, those leaked too.
I am a little worried about tightening the bolt too much. Is the gearbox aluminum or steel? I don't want to strip the threads because getting a helicoil in there is almost out of the question without removing the gearbox.
I think I have the metal ear as far as it will go clockwise, and maybe it has bottomed out and is preventing the bolt from tightening down further. I'll try rotating it a bit back counterclockwise. This will result in the hose heading off even more toward the driver side, but from your post that seems to be okay.
ptomko is offline   Reply With Quote