View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Dan Swanson
Stock

Dan Swanson is on a distinguished road
Default toyomeup

I noticed one of the people who replied to your thread suggested that you drive an auto and a manual and turbo and n/a. I think thatis good idea. Especially if you not sure what you want. I personally am not a fan of turbo. Turbo's are hard on an engine and are prone to cause more maintenance expense.

I have driven my MKIII, manual, N/A Fuel injected about a 170K miles. with relatively little trouble.

Being used to american cars I replaced the clutch myself at 98K miles om the assumption it was time. It was no where near time. In fact I have saved the old clutch to use again. At about 60K Miles I replaced the timing belt.

I overheated the car due a rubber cap on a pipe blew. I drove the car for several years with no loss in performance fior about four years. But I did have to add water occassionanly. About Once a month when it got to adding a water weekly I took the head off had the valves ground and the head planed and checked the block for being true / flat. I think this was done around 140K miles. Then around 170 miles I blew another head gasket only this time it required immediate fixing. Bad timing too busy working and earning a living to put it back togther quickly. I haved ended up with a car with two stuck valves that wont run.

I have enjoyed driving this car. It has the TEMS suspension that is adjustable for normal and sport. I always drove th car on sport and you could not ask for a better handling car. When my wife drove it she switched to Normal and I almost lost control on few occasions.

The MKIII is my favaortite Supra. I have decided to sell the car as is instead of fixing it again. I have had fun and have gotten too many tickets. I just can not keep my off throttle. But is fun to drive even if it is not turbo.

You should choose to buy a Supra based on it's age and miles based on your ability to work on the car, Or if money is not an problem it won't matter.

Good luck, I hope you come up with a car you love enjoy.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyomeup View Post
so is this a NO? 30,000 does seem a lot for an old car. I know its an auto but Its just the only low mile supra for sale in my area. The rest for sale are high mileage manual
Dan Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote