View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #62
1Chin3seBoi
Intake

1Chin3seBoi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
It depends what you mean by better. Generally, the piggybacks are faster & easier to tune. The standalones generally require a much more extensive tuning effort, and are more expensive, but they can give you fine control over absolutely every aspect of how the engine works. Warning: If you've never tuned a car before, you probably shouldn't use either one yourself - improper use of either one can quickly lead to very serious engine damage. Again, it's REALLY tough talking in general here - without knowing exactly what you mean by "better". Better at what horsepower level? Better=easier? Better=slightly more horsepower (even if that slight horsepower advantage costs hundreds or thousands of $ more)? Better on the track? Better for daily driving? All of these are EXTREMELY relevant questions, and need to be answered before a definitive answer can be provided.
ohh.. no im not goin to tune it myself.. im goin to get some place to tune it for me.. but yeah im thinkin to get the standalone.. im looking at the brand like LINKS or Autronic standalone right now.. duno which one is better.. but yeah i heard the AEM is a hell to tune it..

HKS/GREDDY/SARD/CUSCO/VOLKS
1Chin3seBoi is offline   Reply With Quote