View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
OkieRA29
Stock

OkieRA29 is on a distinguished road
Default Got the supra to turn over today...

but it never started. Started with the regular stuff. No fuel, but I think that is cause the tank is empty. Started thinking for a second(never a good thing according to my wife). Pulled plug wire number 1... EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I didn't think to start taking pictures till plug number 3. Here they are though...
Plug number 4 after I had let it drain a bit...

Plug number five right after removal.

Plug number six immediately after pulling...

As you can see, I had the dreaded oil on top of plugs syndrome. It was really, really bad. Bad doesn't even begin to describe it. You can see the depth of the oil on the spark plug socket. Needless to say, the valve covers came off as did the center one. NAPA is on the list of stops tomorrow for some gaskets and plug wires, these are shot!!!

Good news though, as clean as the cams and valve areas were I am going out on a limb and say that the headgasket on this one has blown and been changed. There was no sludge and the valleys were clean enough to eat off of! I will snap some pics of the cam areas and the newly cleaned cam covers tomorrow and everybody else can make their own observations
OkieRA29 is offline   Reply With Quote