Thread: Overheating
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:00 AM   #11
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

Well, I got the thermostat and drove it around a bit last night. I almost thought it was cured but it started tooverheat again during the drive.

The fan has a shroud, but doesn't cover the whole radiator. I need that row of two fans that is supposed to come with the radiator originally. It is getting too warm where there is now air flow. I think I will try making a lower cover to close th underside off and force the air to go through as much of the radiator as possible.

I do not think it is the head gasket. I just rebuilt the engine and like I said before, I feel confidant in that area. Now I may try to bump up the torque number like I saw "Supra Girl" (supra girl music here).....lol. But it torqued down evenly.

Like I said before, I don't like the impeller setup on the water pump though and thinking that it may be causing some of the bubbling in that area. I did notice a difference between makes of water pumps though. Some had deep blades while a few others were shallow. I suppose I should break down and buy the proper TOYOTA pump, $95.00 ouch!

Keep up the suggestions as they are what is keeping me motivated to continue with this......................thing.

Thanks
Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote