View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #52
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

that was just playing.. was hard to find a pic on the net of any louvres.. until I spelled it louver.... lol.

Here is something that a lot of you with MKIII's may find interesting. My steering wheel is "chafed", but the center and horn and cruise are all perfect. So.. I was hunting for a new one.. and found this:

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel

He will recover the steering wheel in the original color leather (I am assuming its going to be a very close match) for about 215.00. This is a far cry from any of the "new" ones that I could source but not find. (found prices above 500.00... only entire steering wheel though).

I thought it was quite reasonable pricewise and the pics I see are really good work. Will be doing that in early 09 for my car anyway... just thought I would share that. I plan to go grey and black on mine (stay away from true original... not like this will ever be a "collector" car) and I noticed they do the ebrake and shifter boot! woot!

(btw.. I am just gonna keep growing this post.. it will have all my photo-journals and any "finds" i come across)

This is another link you may find useful... I was searching for a Chilton's Manual for my 88... and came across this. Will be signing up on Monday and will let you know how well it functions:
https://www.alldatadiy.com/
Electronic manuals as well as all recall and tech reports for your car... seems to have every car there...

Last edited by Grandavi; 09-19-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote