View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #47
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

I can't find a schematic of the turbo hoses anywhere.. lol. Does anyone know of a link to one? I'm looking for both directions from the turbo so I can hunt down and get the best parts to replace the lines/hoses/pipes. I also want to do any additions/improvements but dont know what is on the car as compared to what I have to change, etc...

Would be easier if I took it apart first, but to me, thats putting the cart before the horse..

Also.. to any of you "experts"... does this look like a good buy?
MK1 HARDPIPE KIT WITH BLOW OFF VALVE 86-92 SUPRA MK3 - (eBay.ca item 120304665686 end time 18-Sep-08 23:40:24 EDT)

and.. just to add to that.. considering this... just to pretty it up a bit. (would take care of my worry regarding old cracked vacuum hoses anyway...
Toyota Supra Mark III TURBO silicone Vac Hose Kit BLACK - (eBay.ca item 380063034122 end time 25-Sep-08 13:00:00 EDT)

and some more... do Turbo MKIII's already have a wastegate or is that an add-on to improve performance. If we have one, or dont.. is there special sizing that should be considered? They dont look expensive...
This is what I am talking about...
40mm Turbo Wastegate Exhaust Dump Tube Pipe Supra Rx-7 - (eBay.ca item 140268301613 end time 25-Sep-08 11:05:10 EDT)

(if you notice they are ebay stuff.. its where I start my search... I dont generally plan to purchase from there, but it does have good pics of the parts)

and.. as I keep going... this is the catback system I am looking at (or similar to it). I think this one would work as it is 3".
Catback Exhaust Supra MKIII Turbo NA 7MGTE 7MGE 86-92 - (eBay.ca item 200255659410 end time 28-Sep-08 12:06:48 EDT)
Just from reading about it, looks like the catalytic converter gets trashed (not really because it is extremely hazardous.. so I will take it to the metal recycler place...) which concerns me as I thought the ECU monitors the cat. If I understand this correctly, I need to get a 3" downpipe and that would run from the exhaust manifold (hope to get a header) to the catback system.. or am I doing something twice? Lol.. I think the down pipe comes from the turbo.. not sure how it connects (remember.. I have no schematic, haven't been under my car and can't see the exhaust system except from above and in front of the engine). All this is so damn new to me.. but I will be an expert in the end..

Is there a forum post somewhere that says... "This is your exhaust system... the *pipe comes from the manifold and goes to the *pipe... this connects to the *pipe and has the *sensor inside..."
Then us dummies would know it all : ) - Hope i'm not being annoying.. but the terminology is new to a first time turbo owner...

This is what I am looking at (not this specific one, but it shows it) for upgraded exhaust manifold (header)
Toyota Supra 7MGTE MA70 Turbo Manifold 1986-1992 MKIII - (eBay.ca item 150295873715 end time 24-Sep-08 18:54:18 EDT)
This one has a port for the wastegate.. so I am assuming that the Supra has one, and if I remember right, its not built well. It says that it is 40 mm or 50 mm.. but I think for a true 3" exhaust.. I would need something 80mm... not sure if that exists though. Or if its actually necessary to have at 3"? And.. upon looking further.. I will have to be careful I think... because some of these manifolds wont allow you to keep your A/C. (Not sure if this is true...)

And finally... for today... the boost controller and blow off valve...
RS BLOW OFF BOV+BOOST CONTROLLER SUPRA MR2 CELICA RSX G - (eBay.ca item 110290679240 end time 24-Sep-08 22:05:46 EDT)
Good picture of it here. I plan to add this (or one similar), however, with a stock turbo and a 3" catback exhaust and upgraded air suction, is this a "want" or a "need". The car seems to control itself quite fine as is, but once upgraded, is this necessary? I don't plan on doing anything more than "fun" driving and perhaps do a 1/4 mile time test (hoping to do a before and after, but the person i talk to regarding track time hasnt responded yet - wtf is a holiday??). Other than that, I'm not into serious performance or I would be upping everything (lol.. basically redoing the entire drivetrain). The linked BOV is universal and quite frankly.. I dont like that.

Last edited by Grandavi; 09-18-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote