View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #45
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
As for the louvers, I haven't seen any that are for the MKIII Supras. IMO, I think they'd look pretty cool on these cars, which is why at some point I want to make some for mine.

Also, I couldn't tell if you were already changing this, but I noticed you said you have a K&N Filter? I'd say you should replace that for a dry filter... I believe AEM has some good dry filters. I've been told that the oil from the filters can gum up sensors in the intake.
Yeah, I looked at the K&N filter because it was on when I bought the car. Not sure if it actually helps as much as some designs I have seen as it is in the stock "air box", but there is one that is supposed to be better and it is dry. I am looking at getting that as I dont like the maintenance on the K&N. You need to use a cleaning solution (which I have) and then oil it, but it says every 50k... Im no expert, but I find that to be a bit extreme. Should be more like look at it every 10k imo.

I had louvres on my 1981 Celica hatchback and they looked great and really helped keep the heat down inside the car, however, they did rattle. I'm trying to visualize it on mine.. lol. If I could find custom louvres, I would probably forgo the tinting. (providing it didnt make the car look silly)
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote