View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
89supralove
Stock

89supralove is on a distinguished road
Default car wont turn over, please help!!

hey guys i'm new here and glad i found a great communtiy. I need some help asap. I need to get my care fixed and don't know exactly what heppend to make this happend.

SO i was driving my car to a part yeaterday and all of a sudden it started sputtering and losing power. so I pulled over and started my care again. got it started and continued for about 2 miles then again it happens this time with the sound of metal on metal or a very intense squeaking. I stopped again to take a look at the engine while running and it just would sputter while idling. So again pressing my luck i wanted to get another 2 miles down the road so i could get it off the highway but to my luck, nope,dies again goin up a hill. there it sits waiting for me to fix or tow it.

My question is this, I know the oil was quite low, almost bone dry(yes i'm stupid i know) but there was no loud bang or clang or anything that would be the sound of a blown head gasket. Does my supra have a battery cut off switch that keeps the car from being ruined by moron like me? now it wont even turn over, at all and my battery is only 4 months old. it has been working fine up until now. should i disconnect the battery and reconnect to see if i get a connection. i have a 1989 toyota supraq turbo. please help. thank to anyone that can give advice.
89supralove is offline   Reply With Quote