View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
Poodles
12psi boost

Poodles is on a distinguished road

Hmm... I'll chime in here.

Well, I 've had my 82 Toyota Hilux since I was 17 (I'm almost 24 now), and after replacing front a rear main oil seals in the engine, replacing the diff (same gears are used ont eh Supra, and I had sheared off 4 of the teeth of the pinion, but it still drove :blink: ), and then the transfer case decided to leak everywhere, i'd had it. I stopped driving it and drove my mom's car for a number of months, then she got a job and she was driving me to work, ect. She got tired of driving me around, I got tired of not having my own vehicle, so I decided to get the car i always wanted, a Mk3 Supra.

Looked on autotrader for a while, was surprised that Supras where so reasonable. Well, saw one of the gold colored ones, looked good from the photos, said the interior was in great shape, but had problems shifting into 1st and 2nd, but it was only a turbo for $2600. Well, drove 4 hours down to look at it...the pictures must have ben taken a few years ago, because it was TRASHED. Interior was falling apart, battery was dead, had to jump start it to get it running. Clutch system was bone dry (no wonder it won't shift :angry: ), battery was dead because the fuel pump would kick on every so often (something's not right here...). Bald tires, peeling paint... sounded kinda loud... looked under the car... someone had cut the flang off the downpipe and welded on a straight pipe to the back, no cat, no muffler, no way it would pass inspection. I walked away defeated.

Was looking and looking, found one for $5000, red, targa top turbo, good wheels and tires, and it was local. Called the guy, said he was looking to BUY a Supra... Well, my mom called back wanting to tell this guy he was a moron, guy said he sold it. Anyways, I saw one for $4200, but it was white...ok, I'll settle for white, called the guy up, he'd sold it, but he had another one...red, targa top, turbo...was trying to sell it for more in the paper, but would sell it to me for the price of the white one, but it had some damage on the fender.

Anyway, went to go look at it, fell in love with it (and boost :lol: ), and ended up buying it. Had Enkei wheels and yokahoma rubber :blink: . It had a clean title, the damage on the hood and fender are from a tree that fell on it during a storm, not a car accident that everyone thought that went to look at it.

I'll post some pics once I wash it and buff the roof a bit to get it to really shine, right now it's my daily driver, and I enjoy driving the work :lol:
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote