Thread: The NarSupra
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
scars_of_carma
Stock

scars_of_carma is on a distinguished road
Red face The NarSupra

So this is my first Supra. I picked this up behind a barn for free. It's an 87 non-turbo, lots of miles on the chassis but the motor is a rebuild. No leaks, quality head-gasket etc. Looks aside it's in pretty good shape mechanically.

Here's the first issue I noticed on the car. Cut springs

I'm pretty confident it'll be a strong runner but I'm grateful for any tips and/or shortcuts I can use to assess its condition. I'm also curious what sort of popular performance mods there are for the Mark III. For instance can you swap the 4-piston calipers off a Toyota truck unto em?

A little about myself... my nickname is Nar. (short for Narayan, pro-nounced nuh-ryan) I'm no stranger to modifying cars... I've had an RX3, a few RX7's, and an older Z car. I'm a mechanic by trade, I work at a speed shop called Pettersen Motorsports. Driving is my favorite hobby. Most of my skills I've learned from the touge but I'm also a high-performance driving instructor at my local track.

Thanks

Last edited by scars_of_carma; 09-04-2008 at 06:23 AM. Reason: switching to thumbnails
scars_of_carma is offline   Reply With Quote