View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
94ttwhiteghost
Stock

94ttwhiteghost is on a distinguished road
Default Popping and jerking

im posting this for a friend of mine who has a 94 tt auto. its stock besides aftermarket charge piping, larger intercooler, hks ssqv, intake, auto shift kit, 3" apex catless exhaust. i dont know if he has a larger down pipe or not. the car boosts fine, pulls strong and everything. it will happen in any gear upshifting, down shifting. it only happens between 5500-5800 rpms. i did notice it will only run fine when its over 100 degrees outside or higher, we live in AZ. the popping and jerking prevents him from up shifting, you have to let off the gas slightly and ease back into it in order for it to shift. the car started off as a n/a auto, and the previous owner swapped the 2jzgte in from an Aristo. its boosting at 11.5 psi i believe, oil pressure is at 20psi when it should be at 22psi so its slightly low, water temp is fine, ext temp is fine. i cant figure it out. please let me know if you have any advice, any info would greatly be appreciated, my friends been plagued with this problem since day one and its killin me too cuz i drive it alot too while hes serving in the navy, thank you.
94ttwhiteghost is offline   Reply With Quote