View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

You replaced the starter with a new one? If so, it has to be a power issue. The problem with checking everything is, that you are looking at what looks like a heat related issue. When the engine is hot (after you drive for some time), something happens that stops the power from getting to your starter.

Therefore (not being an expert) I would replace the blue wires as described earlier in the post, or if you want to just try something .. you can try to move wires away from the engine (trace them to the starter, and just try to ensure that none are close to the engine). Of course... I would replace the blue wires, just because its a "known issue" and thats a "known solution".

Having said all that, and here I go not being an expert - therefore giving a partial answer.... get the engine hot enough that it wont start and test the voltage at the starter post. (not sure what you should have there normally) Then when the engine is cold enough to start again, test the voltage at the starter again. See if there is a difference. That will go miles toward solving the problem. If its the same both times, it may be the starter itself. Getting a new starter, and putting it in will tell the tale. And if your careful with the new starter and it doesnt change anything, you can always return it.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote