View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #14
mnewxv
3" Exhaust

mnewxv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjohn666 View Post
Please excuse me if I don't state the Mk of my Supra or what engine model engine it has, I have only just bought it. Its a 1990 3.ltr Turbo Manual, Bought it from my father inlaw with 60K on the clock, quite tidy and I love it.

I have a starting problem where the car starts easy and runs great, but when you stop and try to re start all you get is a click from the dash and nothing, if you wait anywhere between 10 mins and 90 mins (erratic) it will start again no problem

Is my problem the thin blue wire and do I need to do the relay conversion ? how easy is it to do and where is the starter motor located ?

Any help would be very much appreciated as its driving me crackers.
id just go to Autozone and get a new battery, and if that works then good, if not, just return it. could be its using its energy up on the initial start that it wont crank till it sort of builds up enough juice(I don't know a whole lot about batteries, but just get yourself a matinence-free bat, if the old one isnt matinence free then it makes things a pain in the ass when it doesnt have to be.
mnewxv is offline   Reply With Quote