Thread: Troubleshooting
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
Durandal
Intake

Durandal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Um....my post above mentioned more than just cutting the pink wire, right? Either way, I'm glad that the ODO turned out to be the problem - hopefully my post (and not just the "many other supra forums" you read) helped you to isolate it.
Yah I cut the pink wire coming out of the connector and spliced it to the red/blue one to bypass the ODO buffering thing. Your post was where I first read about bypassing the ODO buffer circuit and just tying the speed sensor directly to the cruise,PSteer,AS and electronic idling. I was looking on other supra forums to try and find a high volume of people with this exact problem and see if this was a test and tried fix.

On a side note when I did have my ODO cluster off I noticed on the very bottom right hand corner of the ODO display was a burn mark from within the sealed plastic display. Looking through the side of it I could see an electrical component but I don't know what it is.

*Edit: Took the car out for a test run this morning after the ODO wire fix. Cruise control works (just had to hold it down for about 5 seconds like you said). Active fron spoiler works automatically at 90km/h. Also I have not been able to reproduce the error 42 while going up hills or load driving . Now I just need to clean her up and get some new rubber stops for the hatch. The ones in there now are the originals and are old and hard and bumps make the hatch rattle.

One question about the slip diff. (think its called TRAC in the USDM's). When I turn the ignition on for the telltale light test, I get two Lights related to slip diff.

Slip On
Slip Off

When I push the button to turn the slip off the lgiht comes on which is good. When I leave slip on I don't get a slip on light though. Does this light only come on when the slip diff kicks in?

Last edited by Durandal; 08-30-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote