View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #16
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3PIMP View Post
get a 3'' downpipe with a full 3'' exhaust with a 3'' high flow cat and get a intake ngk plugs wires boost gauge boost controller 2.5 hard intercooler pipes with bov and turbo timer set boost to 10-12psi and have a lil fun.

the hose from the 3000pipe is the intercooler hoses /pipes and u can fond intercooler kit just for mk3 on ebay for like 300-400 or make your own . all that should get u going
3" downpipe with a full 3" exhaust - sounds good! I take it the 3" high flow cat is part of the full 3" exhaust. Gotta price this out... that would also require a 3" header Im guessing.

Intake? Not sure what you mean by that. What would be the benefit? Ahhh.. more research needed!

The plugs and wires will be replaced after I deal with the oil leaks (hunting those down.. so far I just suspect the oil lines going into the turbo...) Will be using triple plat spark plugs or ngk iridiums, not sure about the wires yet.

Boost gauge and boost controller... wouldn't the stock boost gauge be sufficient? I am planning to install a Turbo timer, but the boost controller is a bit new to me. Gonna read up about that one, as it wasn't in my plans yet.

The 2.5 hard intercooler pipes with bov, I've read a little about, and that could be a possibility. I haven't truly been under that car yet, so I will probably leave thinking about that until after the stuff above. I think thats just to make the turbo cool more efficiently if I understand it correctly.

I've also read about wastegates... is this something I should also be considering?

Also, I read this
Quote:
The reason for blowing head gaskets was due to Toyota only torquing the head gasket from the factory to 56-58 ft lbs. This torque spec would have been more than adequate for the asbestos HG that was originally intended for the engine. Since Toyota did not switch the torque spec to roughly 72 ft lbs when switching HG material, every 7M-GE that is left untouched is doomed to a fate of a 'BHG', usually between 125,000 miles and 175,000 miles. A correctly torqued OEM HG will last as long as the engine will.
so am thinking maybe I should be checking torque on the headbolts.

Bear in mind.. Im not building racecar.. just a daily driver that is fun (and a bit impressive...). ;D

Doing research/parts sourcing... noticed this.. any thoughts on it? Its a chip...
eBay Motors: TOYOTA CAMRY CELICA SUPRA Performance CHIP /Gas/SAVER (item 260279384924 end time Aug-28-08 18:30:00 PDT)

Last edited by Grandavi; 08-29-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote