Thread: Troubleshooting
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
Durandal
Intake

Durandal is on a distinguished road

Pulled the Check Engine light cluster out again to inspect the connections once more and I did find that some of the solder joints had broke off. After re-soldering them the telltale lights work fine.

When I started the supra up today it made some rattling and choking noises than preceded to rev from 500 RPM to 1500 RPM. I definitely need to look into the speed sensor fault more.

*Edit: I reset the ECU and then took it for spin to see if anything came back up. After driving it for about 10 mins and putting it through all the gears except 6, the engine light came on along with the warning light. I brought it back to the house to check the ECU code. I noticed it randomly revving up and down a bit while I let it run for about 2 mins before shutting it off.

Only Code 42 came back up after checking the ECU.

*Edit2: After doing a lot of reading on many different supra forums I have come to the conclusion the speed signal is getting lost in the buffer that happens in the ODO. I'm going to touch-up solder all my connections on the ODO cluster tomorrow and see if it gets resolved. If not I will just bypass the buffer by cutting the pink wire as Phil has mentioned.

Last edited by Durandal; 08-28-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote