View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Troyota
3" Exhaust

Troyota is on a distinguished road

My Supra story started about 2 years ago...I had a 1988 Ford F-150 <_< . I was looking for a new project car. I was actually looking for a Mitsu Eclipse. One of my buddies wanted me to give him a ride to a small used car lot on the edge of town because he heard there was a Supra there that he wanted to look at. I took him out there and checked out the car an NA '87 automatic...but pretty clean. We test drove it and I really liked it. My friend didn't have a job at the time so there was no way he could buy the car. I asked the lot owner what he'd give me for my truck...he obviously didn't know what the car was worth...he told me $1,500 difference with the truck. That was Friday, I went home and thought on it for a weekend. I didn't want a car w/ flip up headlamps and I didn't want an automatic, but I figured "Hey, this is a Supra!!!" Monday morning the car was mine!!! I've got about $15,000 invested in it and it's actually in storage now awaiting it's 1JZ-GTTE swap which is getting closer by the day In the mean time I'm having a hell of a time driving my AE86 and DC5 RSX type S...24 years old w/ three sports cars...life is good :P

Troyota is offline   Reply With Quote