View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Meanmachine04
Stock

Meanmachine04 is on a distinguished road

I agree dont start with a POS. Here is what I was going to do and most likely will do if I ever buy a MKIV supra. Most supras are gettin up there in miles no matter what and for the ones that are still very very low miles I see people often asking 50-80k for them :/

Im not sure if this is good advice or not but what I was going to do was try to find a decent TT MKIV that someoen took care of and drove it for what it was and purchase one that has 60-150k miles on it and then I would just get the car in my possession.

Then I would save up a little if needed and purchase a brand new TT motor.

Ok so now you would have a supra with 60-150k miles on the frame which I would think if its never been wrecked you could restore it and make sure its good to go and then you would pretty much have a nice supra with low miles on the engine.

Most likely I would think if you are going to make an investment into the supra that you would keep it for awhile so almost starting urself over with newer parts imo doesnt seem like a bad idea since your in no rush to build it if you wanna do it right. So then you would drive it around stock for awhile and save up if you need then take out the twin turbo system and replace it with one big single turbo. My friends I believe is a T67.
Meanmachine04 is offline   Reply With Quote