View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximityburn View Post
...I might take it down to drag every now and again...
Then you'll want an auto TT (and not a 6spd).

Quote:
...I dont ever anticpate it going above 800 rwhp any time soon...
I have to warn you that your budget might not be sufficient for 800rwhp, especially through an auto.

Quote:
...1. Where would be a good place to look for salvage supras?...
Imho, nowhere. If you want a reliable 800rwhp+ Mkiv Supra TT, don't start with a POS. It'll already be a huge project to properly turn a well-maintained 300rwhp-ish Mkiv TT into an 800rwhp monster. Why make the effort so much more complicated/difficult?

Quote:
...would it be cheaper to buy one and take care of body work (I'm gunna wanna put a kit on it and paint it anyway right?) than to find one all cherry and pretty, and if I do need to snag a show one, where are good places to look?...
Most salvage Mkiv's I've seen have far more than a little fender bender going on - they're total write-offs, including serious suspension damage and structural/frame damage, fire or flood damage. If you want something reliable at 800rwhp+, don't start with this, imho.

Quote:
...2. I've read a lot that after 550 or so rwhp you need to mod the fuel...
You read wrong - it's 550rwhp or less (not or so) through a 6spd. Through an auto, the figure is less...and 550rwhp is absolute max , with a brand-new fuel pump, brand new injectors, a new fuel filter, etc.

Quote:
...what exactly, meth, nitrous (I was planing on putting that in), how much would the methane cost, and how would often would I have to fill the meth inject ect. I was really hoping to be able to just use pump gas...
Sorry to break it to you...800rwhp on pump isn't really practicable.

Quote:
...3. Is it even possiable to hit 600-700rwhp (with nitrous) in a TT for under 40k and have the car look really nice? And what mods would get it there? How much?...
600rwhp through a 6spd, probably yes. 700rwhp+ through an auto, probably not.

Quote:
...4. Do you even recomend nitrous? I like the concept of it being able to cheaply boost a car 150-200hp under racing conditions and have the car still drive kinda tough, but not kill me crazy under normal conditions...
Again, nitrous is fine with the proper controls & tuning.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote