View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
proximityburn
Stock

proximityburn is on a distinguished road
Default Questions before buying a Supra

Hi I'm very new to these forums but already I've found quite a large number of people to be very helpful and had a number of questions answered already. I'm probably going to be buying a supra at some point in the next 6 months after I get out of tech school (ANG), and I'll have somewhere around 40k to play with. I've done some researching and it seems that to get a TT I'm gunna have to drop somewhere around 25-30k on the car itself. Which only leaves me with like 15k to play with for mods and I was really hoping to be able to get the thing up to 700rwhp. I decided the supra because its extreamly mod friendly, the 6 cyl in line engine making it stable, and it looks sporty and can go faster as I put more money into it. This will be a drive around for fun car and speed like crazy when I feel like it, I usually take public transportation. I might take it down to drag every now and again, and of course to race my friends. I dont ever anticpate it going above 800 rwhp any time soon. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So here are my questions.

1. Where would be a good place to look for salvage supras, and would it be cheaper to buy one and take care of body work (I'm gunna wanna put a kit on it and paint it anyway right?) than to find one all cherry and pretty, and if I do need to snag a show one, where are good places to look?

2. I've read a lot that after 550 or so rwhp you need to mod the fuel, what exactly, meth, nitrous (I was planing on putting that in), how much would the methane cost, and how would often would I have to fill the meth inject ect. I was really hoping to be able to just use pump gas.

3. Is it even possiable to hit 600-700rwhp (with nitrous) in a TT for under 40k and have the car look really nice? And what mods would get it there? How much?

4. Do you even recomend nitrous? I like the concept of it being able to cheaply boost a car 150-200hp under racing conditions and have the car still drive kinda tough, but not kill me crazy under normal conditions.

I think thats it, thanks for your time and sorry for the longness of the post!
proximityburn is offline   Reply With Quote