View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #16
Camicia
Stock

Camicia is on a distinguished road

Update: after researching a little bit last night I found claims that K&B Block Seal by CRC is equivalent to Thermagasket but it cost 20 times less. I decided to buy it and i contacted the tech support.

In the email i received I read: "
You are describing a compression leak with some other mechanical issues. We would suggest completing a compression test on the cylinders to determine the source of the leak. Once you locate which cylinder, keep the spark plug out while running the product through. This should allow the Block Seal to complete the seal without being force out by the compression gases. Our one concern is if the car has over heated previously and you are noticing oil, the head maybe warped. If this is the situation, Block Seal cannot fix a warped head"

I also contacted them by phone and she didn't have a lot of hope in her voice. She had been honest as her email was honest.

Today after flushing the system and removing the thermostat I took out the spark plugs. They were not in very bad condition but 3 out of 4 where a little dark. I put back the 2 that seems cleaner. and I turned the engine on.

Exhausted gas were still coming out from the radiator and if I was not wrong water and brown stuff was still coming out from the 2 holes. I think 3 out 4 of the cylinders have a internal leak. I didn't want to make things worse. so I gave up using the K&B block seal because I am not sure how it works but it's not good when it enter in contact with oil (not sure if I have oil in upper part of the cylinder. At least I don't think I have water in the oil...

Furthermore now i have the "check engine" light on. It came out when I disconnected the first time a plug cable without removing the plug and it still on.

Should I just scrap the car?

Best,
Camicia

Last edited by Camicia; 08-08-2008 at 12:25 AM.