Thread: rebuild ct26
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #8
robertsws
3" Exhaust

robertsws is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Screw that, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I've rebuilt more than one and i've both screwed up the balance on one and i've maintained the balance on one. If you know what you are doing and are extremely careful you will not need to do a rebalance. even a turbo shop will tell you that.

I personaly recommend the gpop shop. they do awesome work and they are quick. they are also very professional. they do charge more than some other shops, but i also know for a fact that some of those other shop do terrible work. the one in indiana for instance, although i can't remember their name.

also a good inexpensive rebuild kit from turbos_r_us on ebay, make sure it's a ct26 kit though.

I'd rebuild the turbo and send it off to the gpop shop and ask them about the wheel. it looks like it will work to me but a professional should look at it. also when you do send it don't send the wheel housings, just the shaft, wheels, etc. to keep your postage down.

Home
479-751-7966
3" exhaust, 4" tip
SAFC 2
550cc injectors (2 sets, venom direct fit, RC engineering)
2.5" intercooler and piping
Aluminum radiator w/dual electric fans
ARP bolts w/MHG
Full-auto turbo timer
Fidanza Flywheel & Stage 2 Clutch
spark plugs and wires.
power steering pump
cold temp start switch
engine top end rebuilt
transmission opened up and inspected at a tranny shop when the flywheel and clutch installed last week.

Last edited by robertsws; 08-03-2008 at 09:53 PM.
robertsws is offline   Reply With Quote