View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 01:37 AM   #10
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3pz View Post
spudboy: replace your downpipe and turbo elbow with a downpipe with the elbow integrated into it. the stock elbow is quite restrictive and maybe what is hindering you.

a divorced wastegate is referring to the downpipe. basicly it splits the wg and exhaust flow to allow a smoother flow. in stock form the flow is quite turbulent. look here to see a divorced down pipe

also if you have a standalone, why even use a afm? that is limiting you're airflow. and you're tuner said the stockers are adequet? for what? what are your goals? try replacing your downpipe and see if that fixes your boost problem, it will also net you a few ponies and spool your turbo quicker
Thanks j3pz...my tuner said exactly the same things as you: downpipe and get rid of the afm. He said the stock injectors seem to be adequate. We had a seperate problem with the injectors and mutually decided to go back to the stock for now. Still need to figure out the problem with the injectors but one thing at a time.

Did you notice great boost and power improvements with this divorced wastegate downpipe? What boost levels are you running and do you have the stock actuator?

My goal is a good fast street/track road course machine that can compete with modern 350z's, STi's, EVO's, S2000's, et al. A big part of that goal is to also learn about my car and others while doing as much of the work myself as possible. A big part of the fun is showing up at the track with a clean 20 year old car and 50 year old driver (not so clean) and surprising the others.

I've had 5 track days in the last 2 years with the car and driver (me) improving each time but can still do much better I'm sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sticantcatchmesmall.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1623   Click image for larger version

Name:	OldschoolToyvsNewZsmaller.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1624   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterTEIN2smaller.jpg
Views:	353