View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovvinsuprahiro View Post
got it so how do you get around the FCO is there an easy bolt on like the MBC and i just ordered brand new OBX plugs and wires will this help?
HKS Fuel Cut Defencer (FCD).
It's a pretty easy install. Plugs into your ECU.

I have it, and an electronic boost controller. I believe however that the stock wastegate actuator can't handle boost pressures over 11 PSI or so. That's a problem I'm dealing with now. (Any suggestions out there??)

I have also heard boosting over 12 PSI is risky to our engines. I have set boost at 12 PSI but it wont hold. Boosts very briefly to 12 then drops back down to about 8.

Anyway, with what your doing this HKS FCD will help and at least boost you to 8 PSI. (At 8 PSI you shouldn't even need the PCD as that is the factory boost max level)

If you want to boost higher get the FCD and I would HIGHLY recomend a metal head gasket with ARP head studs. If you don't do that now you will eventually (probably soon) blow your head gasket and then do it.

We do need to find out what's up with this wastegate actuator. Maybe we need to by-pass it and go with an external blow off valve (BHV). Anybody, anybody?????
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote