View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
unkymurch
Stock

unkymurch is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks for all the comments.

I appreciate eveyone's comments and my apologizes to all the mechanics and Supra purests, but I'll come back and post every few months and let you know how the "temp" repair is holding.

It's an issue of economics. I mentioned that I was not a mechanic and the Toyota Dealership quoted me $3500 to repair the head gasket. The State of Texas would credit me $3500 for purchasing a new or used car that won't pass inspection, but I'd still have to come up with an additional $10,000 to be on the road again.
The Thermagasket only cost me $97 with a money back guarantee that if it didn't work, I'd get a full refund. .... How could I lose?
Right now, I'm driving, I'm not overheating, and with the money I didn't shell out, I had the A/C serviced, so I'm driving down the road in air conditioned comfort. If it holds, I'm good, but if it should start to fail, I'll either get it fixed right because I have time to shop, or I may just try the compound again, who knows? I'm still driving, and with all the money I saved , I can put it in my gas tank and have food on the table for a while.

Right now, I'm ahead $3500 - $10,000 by taking this option.

I'll return to post my head gasket status every few months. It it doesn't hold, then you can tell me "I told you so..."

P.S. Don't tell anyone but I'm investigating adding an HHO Electrolyzer to increase my mpg, but that's another discussion thread.