View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
unkymurch
Stock

unkymurch is on a distinguished road
Default Response from Thermagasket on most recent post.

I'm not mechanic, but I passed the last response back to the Thermagasket person and here is his rebuttal: (I'm just the messeger, so don't get mad at me, please.)

The person that wrote this has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

------------------

Well you think it is going to hold but sorry to say but the stuff you put in will only hold for about a month or so and all that stuff really does is plug the hole and then it will eventually get forced out by the compression.

There are products on the market that do plug the hole like Alumaseal.
Thermagasket uses the heat generated at the point of the breach to chemically bond the 2 surfaces.

it will sit on top of the piston and when it gets hot enough it will melt right through the piston.

What in the world does that mean, the Thermagasket will get so hot in can burn through a steel piston....? Give me a break,whatever amount of Thermagasket that makes its way into the combustion chamber will burn up.

We have repaired hundreds of thousands of vehicles with Thermagasket, if even part of what this guy is saying is true we would be out of business.
You as a happy customer are our best advertisement, not some guy that most likely has never used Thermagasket and claims he has. After your vehicle has been repaired for a year repost and prove him wrong. Its been over 3 months since you purchased Thermagasket, if compression was going to blow the so called "plugged hole" out it would have happened already.

Best Regards
Kirk Malley
RxAuto Thermagasket LLC