View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
carfanatic89
3" Exhaust

carfanatic89 is on a distinguished road
Default Car wont start hot

87 7mge manual.
Ive been trying to find out whats wrong with my car for the last 6 months.
When my car is cold it starts easy and runs fine, till I get somewhere. Ill kill it, when I come back to it after sitting 20 mins and the engines still hot it will turn over but wont start. If im lucky I can get it to but it spits and sputters for about 4 miles then clears out. The funny thing is when its running after a cold start the engine cant take full throttle pretty much falling on its face, but once the engine warms up its fast as hell. I cannot find the problem anywhere.

I have tested just about everything in the car and everthing so far checks out. I just did a diagnosis on it and im comming up with 51. If it was the neutral start switch the starter wouldnt even try to start the car. I replaced the o2 sensor, TPS, pickup coils in the dis., wires, plugs, coil, fuel pump, FPR, fuel filter, air filter, and battery cables. I also replaced the grounding straps from the trany to frame, and engine to frame. and I cleaned the grounds comming from the bat. ground to the frame.

I also took a ohm meter to these, MAF, control modual and I also check the wires going from the ecu to the, tps, maf, control modual, o2, and injectors.

Nothing is wrong with this damn thing so why doesnt it want to start when hot. All the hillbilly mechanics around here know nothing about supras. I just want my supra fixed. please help me

Last edited by carfanatic89; 07-06-2008 at 04:41 AM.
carfanatic89 is offline   Reply With Quote