View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road

The wiper combo switch was new from Toyota about 12 years ago, I got it on ebay, it came out of a 87 Supra. The wires for my switch and the replacement one were the same.

I did not replace the face, its the original one. The fact is, there is no plug for me to plug the control buttons into, its as if it was taken out, and my car has all of the cruise control hardware; it has the actuator, the harnesses, the main switch, even the fuse is in the correct spot, so I know my car came from the factory with it. When I was taking every thing apart there were obvious evidence that it has been taken apart before, possibly to find why the cruise control wasn't working, or to remove it. So I am at a loss.

The car had a lot of small stuff added to it at some point in its life, it had a after market alarm system and who ever installed it hacked up the wiring harness and caused more harm then good, it also had a car phone installed. It has tons of wires added throughout the car, to and from everything and nothing, possibly for the alarm system. Thats whats leading me to believe the cruse control was plug in the steering column was removed for some reason.

I drive about 100 miles a day, so I'm dieing for a little cruise control, lol. Thanks.

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote