View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
kevinhays
Stock

kevinhays is on a distinguished road
Default need help from anyone who drives a supra n/a!!

my parents (im 17) are probably going to sell one of our cars and let me use the money to buy a car for myself. this would probably be around 11-14 thousand dollars. I've really been considering a dodge SRT-4 because it would be reliable and i could use my own money to make it perform amazingly well for such a cheap car. lately though I've been looking at the supra n/as and have been wondering if that would be a possibility for my situation. i have a few questions i feel can only be answered by those who own one of the cars themselves.

-i've been all over the internet and can't seem to but, can you find supra n/as in good shape for this price without a ridiculously high amount of millage?

-how reliable are these cars? i would need it to be pretty reliable and be my daily driver. (my family has a 3rd gen rx7 and boy thats taught me at this age i need a reliable car)

-like the last question but, how much would it cost on average, say monthly or yearly to keep this car running?

-what kind of gas millage do you receive?

-speed is pretty important to me (hence the srt-4) so how quick are these cars?

-again like the last question, if somewhere down the road i wanted to turbo the car, how much would it cost on top of one of the 5k turbo kits to safely turbo the car and know it won't blow?

-also, regarding the turbo kits, ive heard the car's lack of performance features besides the engine make it so that having alot of power is useless cuz the car just isn't really driveable with that much power. anyone here have personal experience with this?

sorry to ask the simplest questions but it takes an owner to give advice, and answers to a few of these questions could make the decision process much easier. oh and i work at chambers bay golf course in UP, Washington so i've definitely got a steady source of income, just not THAT much money. thanks for all your time guys.

Last edited by kevinhays; 06-21-2008 at 08:08 AM.
kevinhays is offline   Reply With Quote