View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #61
edmonton
Stock

edmonton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomatt12 View Post
The first thing you should modify IMHO is your I-H-E, meaning try changing the Intake, Headers, and Exhausts. It will give you some extra power I believe. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
When i first bought my supra (it's an 88) it had a very small exhast leak that i decided to get fixed. Even though it was a small leak it was a enough to make my car sound like crap. For about $130 i got a custom exhast that not only looked and sounded way better, it sure felt like i was getting more horse power too. Im not sure if i had any thing blocking or resisting my exhast but i think the $130 was well worth it.
I agree, the 7mgte responds very well to exhaust mods. The stock piping is too restrictive. I bought my supra with a 3" muffler and it looks like 2 3/4" piping already on it and i've whooped other stock turbo supras. It could be their driving but I've blown them out so it looks like any driver could of done the same. plus it sounds good!

i'll be doing the CAI next if i can find a good write up so I can just but the right angled tubes from the store, then possibly headers.
edmonton is offline   Reply With Quote