View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #155
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton51m View Post
Thanks a lot for the advice spudboy. I think i need to clean out the thereads in the block more because i used the allen wrench to tighten them down a little more and they still didnt go down that far (there was still threads on the stud showing that i thought were supposto be in the block)

Also someone on the other forum said i should put the head on and then put the studs in the block. I don't know if that would work out?
As I recall I had 2 or 3 threads exposed after the studs were snug into the block.

I can't say for sure, but it may be difficult to put the head on first then the studs. I may have decided that when I did mine or maybe I should have done it that way...can't remember. It sounds easier but I think you can't get a proper and confident 'seat' into the block with the studs doing it that way. Make sure when you discuss this with people you are sure everybody understands the difference between studs and bolts. I had some mis-communication in that area.

If you don't have or want to rent a hoist, three friends and you might carefully lower the head onto the studs. (don't give them any beer BEFORE you do this...be very careful)
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote