View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Bolarbag
Stock

Bolarbag is on a distinguished road

Ok I was hoping I was wrong in all honesty - my post above is what my thinking has been directed to after a few years as logical thinking has always been wider tyres on wider, approriate wheels = more grip

I'm the first to admit, I have knowledge in almost all aspects of the car apart from suspension and handling - I just havent done much research on it as I have been busy speccing my engine,fueling,management e.t.c

I have always wondered how/why in the UK people run close to stock widths whereas in the U.S you guys seem to run 10s upfront and 11.5's rear

We have pretty much two supras in the UK that run Timeattack, they run 10.5up rear and 9 at the front, they dont particularly run fast times - well in comparison to the 4wheel drives and the ubber responsive GT2's, their my benchmark

So I'm currently speccing my wheel sizes and offsets to suit my Brembo BBK's front and rear, you recommend 10 at the front and 11.5rear on a stock body?

I will be running a super responsive 600bhp and around 550ft/lb of torque with speed dependant boost so I can get the grip down

Wont the wider tyres in the front give me a less responsive turn in - you have to bare in mind that the tracks in the UK are like 100th of the size of the ones in the U.S - i.e my local track I should get round in 58secs, there are a few bigger ones but not longer than 3mins e.t.c however I do intend to go to the Nurburgring this autumn