View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Micahwc
Intake

Micahwc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up MK3 supra Hose Techniques silicon hoses

I ordered the hose techniques silicon hose kit for the MK3 supra. I have to say that it is absolutely amazing. I have redone almost all of the hoses in my engine bay and I still have some hose left. The kit comes with all the tools you need to use.

My hoses were all original from 1987. While there were no actual breaches in any hoses that I could see visually, there were many which where in various stages of decay. Many where rock hard, and several where visibly cracking.

I ordered my kit with standard shipping and it arrived in about two weeks. The hoses clean up well and look good. If I can figure out how to resize my pics I will post some. The actual instal is very simple, and instructions are provided with the kit. Basically, replace one hose at a time to make sure they are routed properly, and cut the new hose to the same length as the old hose (or a different length if you want to route the hose differently).

I used to have a 3000gt VR4 with a very bad boost leak. Silicon hoses can be a possible fix or preventive maintenance measure for this problem. The kit was around $50 plus shipping. Overall, it is an attractive, functional, and easy modification well worth the money. I would recommend this product with no reservations and may upgrade the hoses in my daily driver just for the preventive maintenance.
Micahwc is offline   Reply With Quote