View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
MeatRo
Stock

MeatRo is on a distinguished road

What is the $1500-2000 worth of work you suppose it needs? I could ask him about it, I don't plan to just say, "Hey, here's the money, thanks." Do I need to shake him down about anything specific, cuz that's not a problem, I have no problem with fully interrogating him about everything you think may be an issue. From what I've heard from him so far, it's a pretty clean car he just has to get rid of it fast.

What would take a month to build? We're pretty mechanically inclined here, got a few 240SX SR20DET builds going on, the Volvo, a 300ZX turbo that we just did an engine swap last weekend on. Not all our projects obviously, but they all come here to get their work done, just a 240SX SR20DET and the Volvo here. So working on the car isn't a problem and our machinist is pretty fast. We have a hookup, so he could have it done in a day or two. Once the head is done, how long could it really take to put a head gasket in? A day, maybe two?

Like I said, not looking to stomp on the car, just looking for something to get from A to B. The reason I'm interested is, well, it's a Supra Turbo for $600. Smogged, registered and apparently the gasket just went about a week or so ago, probably being dumb and put a boost controller on there without thinking about the head gasket. All that, and I don't want to dump my money into a piece of shit like a 1986 Ford Tempo and once I do start getting paychecks (about a week or so) putting work in isn't a problem. Cars are the #1 hobby around here, so I know you get out what you put in... Hell, I have near $10,000 in my Volvo in the engine, suspension, drive train, wheels/tires, brakes, etc. Kinda sucks cuz I was about a paycheck away from getting it finished when I started getting my checks skimped by the old douchebag boss. So again, what kinda work do you suppose it would take to get it going for a week.. Maybe 2, max?
MeatRo is offline   Reply With Quote