View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
TurboSupera
3" Exhaust

TurboSupera is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramacist View Post
You can't afford this car.

The guy wants 600$ for a car that needs $1,500 to $2,000 worth of work.
That makes the sale price if the car about $2,600.00

You're trying to buy a floater and you'll regret it.

It could take you a month to build.., depending on how fast your machinist is. And you don't have money for parts to make it run a few months without working on it all week to drive to work on the weekends.

Save your money. Keep looking for a car that is in a better position to begin with.

This car is nowhere near your price range.

I would agree. I actually saw that ad and thought about picking it up just for parts as I already have a MKIII. I'm not rich but I have some cash to throw around. I'm like you OP. I just want it run right at this point, but it has cost me some money, just to get my MKIII to be reliable. Do I feel like it's reliable......not really. The car is running and I love it, but it's going to cost you money left and right. I had to replace the radiator because the fan/alternator belt snapped into shreads when I was on the freeway. Luckily I have another car, so I spent a couple of hours replacing the radiator and belts. Next step is to replace a blown muffler. All I'm saying is don't expect to buy that car and get even 1,000 miles out of before having to spend some money, even after you replace the head gasket. In any event, good luck.
TurboSupera is offline   Reply With Quote