View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #45
spudz29212MKIII
3" Exhaust

spudz29212MKIII is on a distinguished road

Alright, went over to my bro-in-laws house and did the leak down test. Since the rest of the cylinders were fine I only tested cylinders 4 & 5.

Cylinder 4 seemed to be okay. We could not pin-point escaping air with oild cap off but since the dry test came up 130PSI and wet test 160PSI we did not worry that much.

On to cylinder 5. This one was horrible 60PSI on dry test I knew this one would be the worst. Hooked up air to the cylinder popped the oil cap, and swishoosh tons of air comming out of oil cap. Rings are shit, but I dont really care still drivable. At least until I get some finance up for either re-build or new reman block/engine.

BHG test were inconclusive. Ran the engine at idle with radiator cap off and topped off the coolant. Had some bubbling on and off but not enough to just flat out say BHG.

Also had some excess moisture in exhaust, but still to little to say BHG.

We are thinking about getting a reman'd short block and dropping it in over a weekend or two. I would say its much less of a hassle then ripping apart the motor just to fix some rings. Stupid toyota and thier lies, double rings just fuck up everything.