View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
spudz29212MKIII
3" Exhaust

spudz29212MKIII is on a distinguished road
Default Oil Pressure Sender!?

Okay, ive done some searching on here but I couldnt find what I was looking for.

Im about to pull the turbo and do a rebuild and while I have room im going to fix my PS leak and this damn oil pressure.

OKAY what I know so far is; I tested my oil pressure and its fine. I have two gauges for oil pressure, the stock one in the gauge cluster and a aftermarket one installed by the previous owner. The stock one has never worked, and aftermarket gauge works but I have never got'n any readings from it. The needle just fluctuates eratically, so loud if I dont have my stereo on I can hear the needle hitting both sides of the gauge.

The idiot who put the gauge on cut the wire harness connector for the Oil Pres. sender, so that shit is gone. And it looks like he used speaker wire(that tannish, goldish clear wire) to connect gauge to sender. The connect looks like a stock speaker hook up and its just jammed onto the sender wtf..lol

Any one have a pic or can explain what the stock oil sender connector looks like (on the wiring harness) or show me your aftermarket re-wire

Thanks

EDIT: Also question, wiring harness over head and also to coil pack is shot. Im abou to re-wire all of that. Any specific wire I should use, like thickness, core material, etc etc. alrite preish

Last edited by spudz29212MKIII; 05-03-2008 at 09:19 AM.
spudz29212MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote