View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
87MGE
Stock

87MGE is on a distinguished road

well my car only has one oxy sens. For a fact I dont think that my exhaust is modded cause when i first had this car the check engine light would only go on when i would go past 35 rpm. I changed the Knock sensor twice, and the tps like 3 times. When i pulled out the engine i also checked the harness, followed the cables from the tps and made sure that there was resistance. i replaced the tips cuz they were crusty. Forgot to mention that the sensors i got from the junkyard! Like you say: The ecus rarely go out on these things. but what trips me out is that the car idles fine and runs great with the Auto trans-The ecu connections are gray. I believe i got them from an 88 month 8 meaning it was 89. Just today i wnt to the Yard and didn't find a single mk3, only 2 mk2 and a butt-load of cressidas, which both are no good for me. I'm not giving up!!! Now that you mention that... I just now understand what you were sayin bout the second oxy.. the ecu that i got(auto) is from a california emissions and therefor has a heated oxy. the second one, and my car only has one oxy!
Dude, thanx
*Painted Wheels

MODS TO DO NEXT: (in order)
-Eibach Lowering Springs
-Tokico Struts
-Sway Bars
-Headers
-3 in. Piping
-Cold Air Intake
-Wheels
87MGE is offline   Reply With Quote