View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, if the line's got a kink in it the odds are someone's either already tried to replace the filter or has tried. The best bet is to soak everything down with a good penetrating oil (NOT WD-40!) such as PB Blaster, wait and soak it again. I highly recommend you use line wrenches so you don't round off the hose fittings.

As for dealing with the crimped segment, you've got a couple options. You could either replace it or cut it and add a hose with a new fitting... I'd get a second opinion on that, I've never had to deal with it, but I can't imagine it causing any problems as long as you use actual fuel line for EFI systems and everything's well clamped.

EDIT: I missed the stethoscope remark... a stethoscope for fueling problems? The only thing you'd really be able to tell is if fuel's moving through the system or not. It wouldn't give you any indication of how much or where it's going. I think it was mentioned in this by mistake.

Last edited by cre; 04-30-2008 at 07:47 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote