View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 03:57 PM   #18
FalkenDrift
Stock

FalkenDrift is on a distinguished road

First of all if you want to drift i wouldnt use the supra. The supra is heavy and expensive to maintain if you damage parts of it ( which happends often while drifting) try geting a 240sx those are cheap on ebay!
i have a supra and 240 and the 240 is by far the best for drifing

any ways..
The most important modifications to a drift machine (and the best way to get it sideways) is to mod its Suspension, it tires, and its brakes.

SUSPENSION
For the suspension start off with lowering it. This is the cheapest way to improve your suspension. then look into geting a strut brace, these do alot and are not to hard on the wallet. If you still have money to spend go for sway bars. also look at geting some progressively wound springs because these are way better then the stock springs that come with the supra..

Tires
when you first start drifing DO NOT buy new tires.
you go through your first set of tires VERY quickly trying to learn the basics.
after your first set is gone then go for some soft z rated slicks these are the best for drifting B)
I even know alot of guys who go to the junk yard to pick up tires for a fun day of drifing.

Brakes
first of all you will want to buy sloted roters. brakes slow your car down by transfering kenitic energy to the brake pads which causes alot of heat! sloted roters release the heat beter then plain ones.so your brakes wont get mushy after an hour of drifing!

best of luck with your drifting

My mk IV and my 95 240sx

FalkenDrift is offline   Reply With Quote