View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
spudz29212MKIII
3" Exhaust

spudz29212MKIII is on a distinguished road

Oh oh I mean no offense in any way. I am no expert nor am I an idiot. When I bought my car I realized its a 20 year old car and I needed to be well informed of the operation of the vehicle from front to rear. 2nd reason is as they all say when you buy a used older car be prepared to spend at LEAST 100 bucks a month on it. So I believe its important to at least be somewhat self educated about problems or subjects at hand. I have the friggen 3 thousand page TSRM and pretty much read it front to back. (ocd about my cars done this for everyone I have owned) When I find a problem or have a question I always first do extensive research to, like I said become self educated of the subject at hand. But like I said doing any of this does not make me an expert. Hence the reason I posted questions. I would like others to give me thier ideas about how to solve it...sounds like im blah blah'in on but you know what im trying to say?

The reason I said that stuff is because of this. For about 4 months I have been poking around the forum checking different problems and questions. The thing that annoyed me is for example; someone will ask a question about something and some young gun teenager who's parents bought them a MKIII for thier first car, post the most redic replies. which usually end with "but i have no idea im just guessing". You see what im trying to say i ask a question i would hope to get some helpful hints, ideas, or facts to go by. I dont want to ask a question like ex. "My high beams dont seem too bright" then get a response from some smart ass that says "haha you dummie you should change your headlight fluid but i dont know its my guess i bought my car yesterday" wtf...lol i dont know how to explain it any better but can you understand it from my view. No i respect the opinions and the help from the people who know more than I do. So no offense.

Anyways besides trying to solve the pre-concieved notions that im an asshole, thanks for the replies. I didnt install the plugs right if your way is the correct way. I installed them and tightend them all the way. Ill try the loosening, my next idea if that didnt work. Since I have the EGR on should i try another heat range plug?

Yea I did diagnosis before I did anything. Gave me some code like air temp sensor, so i removed AFM cleaned all the connections and the sensor had a buncha dust and crud on it. Cleared the codes in the ECU ran diagnosis again and im good to go. So no codes, and I just got my front crankshaf seals replaced oil leaked onto timing belt so they replaced with new. Timing set and everything 3 weeks ago. And I also got back this morning from the shop they had set my idler pulley too tight on the timing belt so I had horrible idle noise. They did a quick loosen and double checked timing. Noise gone and timing dead on. So i know its not timing. Im going to try the plug loosen and see from there

Edit: Dont say those dreadful two words "rod knock" your going to make me cry...that is my intial thought but I put that evil demon aside until I check the plugs first

Last edited by spudz29212MKIII; 04-29-2008 at 08:14 PM.
spudz29212MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote