View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #33
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

Update.

New afm new air filter which I'll post a pic of later..., cause it's special.
I get it timed. The check engine light is staying on solid. I kill it start it again after a few drags on the stogie. Start it. No check engine light, no codes...., yet. I go out to check the timing and it advanced upon start up and by the time I get back to the check engine light I'm flashing 51.

I go back out and I adjust the idle down as far as I can and it's still running around 12* after tdc.

I unplug the battery, After shutting it off. I'm going to go and try it again and see what happens. It almost has to be the throttle position sensor. I keep asking myself if moving the dizzy forward will enable me to adjust the timing in a fashion to solve the 51?????

But I really don't know. I'm just a gear head with some native talent.
I'm not a mechanic. I'm trying desperately to keep this on a level that doesn't exceed my abilities.

That being said.... Any thoughts? I'll be back after while.
Back to the garage. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I topped off the coolant this morning. I left the funnel in with some coolant in it and shaked the car a bit and pressed on some hoses and let it sit for a good while. Till it was obvious that it was good. I lifted the funnel enough to get a finger under it. She's max'd, I capped her of at the brim and cleaned up my mess.

The car wasn't jacked up or anything. So I'll leave it till I get this 51 handled.
If she doesn't stop talking smack I may feed her a shoe.

So the afm solved the 24 code. I'm half way there.

Last edited by supramacist; 04-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote