Thread: bad fpr?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I asked the color because in '89 there were a number of changes made to the MKIII electrical system, including the N/A's injectors. You will find on occassion a '89 with part '88 wiring and part '89+ wiring. If they were yellow the resistance specs would be the same as the GTE's.

Anyway, I'm not convinced it's the injectors. Even if 4 were out it would still buck and cough when cranked.

You're not getting any error codes? You've tested the fuel pump relay and resistor pack? Have you double checked the AFM's connection? The car does have gas right (this did happen to someone before... broken gas gauge)?

I am suspicious of the fuel pump, you should grab a pressure testing kit and check it...

OR you can do it low tech style (don't assume I recommend this method.. you do it and screw it up it's your problem.. I accept no responsibility): Disconnect the fuel feed line, connect a hose to it. Run the hose to a bucket off to the side of the car. Wrap a damp towel around the union (to prevent fumes from escaping). Now, with someone holding the hose in the bucket jumper FP and B+.... got fuel?
cre is offline   Reply With Quote