View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
88supraturbo5speed
Stock

88supraturbo5speed is on a distinguished road
Default To rebuild or not to rebuild that is the question

What up? I drive, well not really I don't ever get to drive her, I own an 88 supra turbo 5speed. I've had it for about 9 months and may have been able to put 20 miles on it. I've had to change the head gasket, timing belt, starter, wires, plugs, knock sensors, battery, and probably some other crap I cant remeber. N E way I cant keep her on the road. Everytime I go for a drive he breaks down. Right at the moment I have the head back off cause theres a rod knocking or wrist pin or possibly a bent rod. My question is this if I have to redue the bottomend with rods, bearings, pistons, it would be cheaper to buy a jdm engine off ebay shipped and everything about 1200. But is this the smarter way to go? And what about a 1jz engine what all mods would I have to do to perform this swap? Any info would help I know its gonna cost any way I go but I want to find the best for way for the least amount of money still be able to smoke civics whenever I go out. Also keep in mind that if I rebuild the bottom end I will be going with larger pistons and I would be rebuilding the head. If you know of any place where I could get new parts cheap let me know. Thanks

Last edited by 88supraturbo5speed; 04-16-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
88supraturbo5speed is offline   Reply With Quote