View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo '95 View Post
I'm importing my supra in a few weeks. looking to make 600rwhp at 1bar and a 2 bar high boost. small 50hp shot just because i can.

Is it a must to change the stock internals?

already have good prices for wisco pistons and eagle rods. building the intake and exhaust myself. lag doesnt really consern me. putting on a T72 turbo. 800cc injectors.

one big thing that i need to know. do i have to change the gearbox? its a 6 speed supe. twin turbo RZ. is 600whp at low boost enough for a 10 second supe?

want to use it for 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile runs...

ps.. i heard that if you boost lets say 1 bar with a T66 and 1 bar with a T72.. that the T72's 1 bar will be stronger than the T66.. i think its true because my logic tells me that the bigger turbo compresses more air into 1 bar than a smaller turbo... is that correct?
Nope the 2jz-gte stock internals will handle literally anything a T66 will put out, assuming a sufficient amount of octane in the (race fuel) to match your boost level, and proper tuning.

In other words, do NOT waste precious upgrade $$$$ (re)'build'ing a 2jz-gte for anyting under 1000hp (yes, 1000hp!) at the crank, unless that engine has problems (eg. low compression/leakdown #s). Note that a T72 on very high boost (eg. 35+psi), together with a shot of nitrous, might exceed 1000hp at the crank.

The 6spd has proven it can handle up to 1500rwhp!

A T72 will have more power at 1 bar (because it is more efficient), but it will also have more lag.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 03-27-2008 at 11:41 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote